Princeton United Methodist Church seeks a Communications Assistant for 20-hours/week. Flexible schedule to be determined with Senior Pastor and in coordination with Office Manager, but an example of the schedule could be 9 to 1 or 1 to 5 daily.
Responsible for assisting in the development and maintenance of a comprehensive marketing and communication strategy in consultation with the Senior Pastor, staff, and church communications committee. Reporting to the Senior Pastor, this position is responsible for:
- Designing themes, graphics and artwork for use on weekly bulletins and special inserts for worship.
- Ensuring continuity of themes/graphics for church seasons and all related communications.
- Designing, preparing, copying as needed, and distributing monthly church newsletter.
- Designing themes, preparing artwork and graphics, copying or arranging for copying, and distributing church communications (special congregational letters, stewardship pledge drive, capital and other campaigns and special program materials, etc.)
- Planning for, designing, ordering and managing display of posters and banners – within the church, on the lawn, in the community.
- Maintaining and assisting in the design of the church website.
- Maintaining, assisting in the design and updating of the church’s use of social media – including Facebook, twitter, etc.
- Developing a strategy for where and when to market and communicate our church, special church programs and activities (e.g. concerts), our children and youth programs, etc.
- Designing, preparing, copying, and distributing church visitor materials and other brochures to assist in publicity and promotion within the church, at events, in the community.
- Managing church publicity and promotion –local newspapers and community websites, local radio and TV, virtual ads, etc.
Interested candidates should submit cover letter, resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Communications Assistant” in the Subject Line.